We are recruiting for several welding positions for a well know company Windsor Ontario. These positions are Temporary to start however may turn into a permanent position. This will be depending on customer needs and the candidates performance and attendance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- Experience with welding symbols and GD&T standards
- Proven competency and strength in mathematics
- Proven competency in reading and interpreting drawings in both first and third angle projection
- Understanding of weld defects identification
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Ensure that all components and details are fabricated, fitted and welded in accordance with the specifications and tolerances required by the customer by following established manufacturing procedures and work instructions.
- Follow established manufacturing procedures and work instructions with respect all assigned work functions and activities, inclusive of control plans, weld symbols, SAP documentation, weld process sheets (WPS) and completed routing travels;
- Review and interpret drawings and weld symbols, inclusive of a familiarity with and understanding of GD&T standards;
- Select the welding equipment required and plan a sequence of welding operations through the use of knowledge related to the physical properties of metals, the effects of heat on metal, weld shrinkage, shop mathematics and welding techniques;
- Lay out, position, align and secure the details to be welded using measuring and scribing devices, clamps and tacked welds;
- When required, use arc or flame cutting equipment to shape metal components to the specified dimensions or to repair damaged metal components; and
- Inspect welded details for imperfections or fissures in the weld, using weld gauges and weld defect analysis, and to make repairs as required, before moving the product out of the work station or process.
- Must have secondary school graduation diploma;
- Must have completed Apprentice Program and Certification in the trade by the Province of Ontario or equivalent
WAGE and SHIFTS
$18 - $24 an hour
Rotating shift - Days and Nights