We are recruiting FULL-TIME (40-48hrs/week) (temporary role until February) Welders for a company in the Central Ave./E.C. ROW area.
- 3-5 years MIG and TIG welding experience
- Must be able to weld various metal substrates (e.g. steel, alum, stainless steel.) and all types of product parts.
- Have a general understanding of Quality Systems Requirements TS 16949
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should be team oriented
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and welding experience are both assets to this position.
- Will perform MIG and TIG welding as required based on production demands.
- Must maintain welding equipment.
- Must handle material with care (no heavy scratches).
- Incumbent must wear proper safety equipment. When welding stainless steel must have proper PPE and must be under
- Receive job travelor and print from Production Supervisor and carry out duties as per required.
- Ensure that machine or job is set as per setup instruction with all required tools and fixturing (including checking fixtures) at job
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements) first part off new set up to be
checked by Q.A.
- Perform work so that production requirements are met.
- Ensure that all material whether in process or non-conforming is tagged as per applicable procedures.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to your Supervisor.
- Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained. Notify Supervision
if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Certification from a welding program preferred
- Welding certifications preferred
- Day/Afternoon rotating, 2 weeks each
6:45 am - 2:45 pm
2:45 pm - 10:45 pm
10:45 pm - 6:45 am
***THIS LOCATION IS ON A BUS ROUTE***