Due to continued growth in our client's injection molding business, they are seeking to add a team of Plastic Injection Molding Set Up and Start Up Technicians for its plant being opened up in Kitchener.
- Understanding of ERP system
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
- Demonstrate personal time management skills
- Strong understanding of hand tool, crane handling and procedures
- Strong knowledge in mold set-up, start, mold changes, trouble shooting defects, process adjustments, debugging and shutdown
- Must be able to read, write, speak English
- 5 + Years experience setting up and starting up injection molds
- A thorough understanding of different resins and processing parameters
- Proficient in the use of auxiliary equipment, cranes and forklifts
- Clean work area of previous materials and tooling and complete paperwork
- Pull paperwork for next job
- Hang mold; ensure proper set up for knockout, clamp and auxiliary equipment
- Ensure all materials are properly ready and set up, including resin, packaging, and secondary equipment
- Ensure all secondary operation presses are properly ready and set up
- Process molding machine, making minor changes to process to insure the quality of all products
- Make necessary equipment changeovers.
- Operate overhead crane, change molds and set-up machine for production
- Cover vacations and personal time for other Setters
- Keep updated setup sheets at machines at all times.
- Maintain the highest quality and fastest cycle on all machines at all times
- Issue work orders for any work required to be performed to equipment and tooling
- Follow all company policies and procedure
- Effectively communicate with all other shifts (Team leads, setters and material handlers).
- Operate tow motor
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks.
COMPENSATION / SHIFTS
- $22/hr. - $27/hr. dependent on experience
- Monday - Thursday; days 6:00am - 6:00pm and nights 6:00pm - 6:00am
- Friday - Sunday; days 6:00am - 6:00pm and nights 6:00pm - 6:00am
- Overtime after 44 hours