PRESS OPERATOR position is full time and the ideal candidate MUST have an OPEN availability all year around.
- Previous experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- General mechanical aptitude/background
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Possess sound analytical and decision making skills
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to read, write, speak English
- Operation of Fabrication Machines at the best possible speed while maintaining a good quality parts. Start each order off by running no less than the average parts per hour of the job.
- Ensure all necessary check fixtures are available at the beginning and throughout shift.
- Check finish and dimensions on extrusions at the required frequency and document as required.
- Ensure quality sign-offs after first-off samples are checked.
- Ensure quality last off samples are properly labelled and kept together for supervisor’s verification.
- Ensure all traceable information is entered into EPICS.
- Comply with all quality related policies, procedures and system requirements.
- Follow all safety procedures and report anything that is unsafe.
- Look for opportunities to improve process and press output.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION / SHIFTS
- $21.00/hr + $0.40 shift premium
- 12-hour continental shifts
- Contract position