MACHINE OPERATOR position is full time and the ideal candidate MUST have an OPEN availability all year around.
- Previous experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- General mechanical aptitude/background
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak English
- Operation of Fabrication Machines at the best possible speed while maintaining a good quality parts. Start each order off by running no less than the average parts per hour of the job.
- Ensure all necessary check fixtures are available at the beginning and throughout shift.
- Check finish and dimensions on extrusions at the required frequency and document as required
- Ensure quality sign-offs after first-off samples are checked
- Ensure quality last off samples are properly labelled and kept together for supervisor’s verification
- Ensure all traceable information is entered into the computer system
- Continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Physically able to stand, sit and walk for long periods, perform repetitive lifting 50lbs, overhead reaching, bending, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling
COMPENSATION / SHIFTS
- $16.43/hr. on days, 16.83/hr. on midnights
- 12 hours continental shift schedule
- 2 weeks rotation of days/midnights
- Will be working every other weekend