Are you between employment? We are recruiting MIG & TIG Welders for a large global company and industry-leader in Automation and Assembly.
This will be a temporary assignment of 8 weeks (or longer) - possibly leading to being hired on!
Your experience and skills are:
- 5+ years of Welding work experience with steel and aluminum: MIG & TIG
- Valid or Expired CWB Certifications is an asset
- Able to operate equipment for cutting, brazing, soldering, sharpening, fusing, bending
- Able to verify dimensions, and alter dimensions to fit specifications
- Strong reading and interpreting job specifications, blueprints, weld symbols, engineering or design drawings and schematics in both first and third angle projection
- A proven competency and strength in mathematics
- Knowledge of weld defects
- Physically able to stand for long periods, perform repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds, overhead reaching, bending over, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling
- Possess effective communication and organizational skills; English read, write, speak
- Interpreting drawings and weld symbols
- Operating welding equipment and plan a sequence of welding operations; Lay out, position, align and secure the details to be welded
- Using arc or flame cutting equipment to shape metal components to the specified dimensions or to repair damaged metal components
- Finishing the fabricated component by filing, grinding or scraping
- Other duties as assigned
MODERN Staffing offers an excellent paid referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.
- Hourly wage is based on experience, skills and weld test results
- Overtime after 40 hours per week and on Sundays