|Location||Oldcastle, ON, Canada|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
|Position||Shipping & Receiving|
|Degree Required||High School|
- $19.00 per hour - Steady Day shift - Monday to Friday - Day: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm (37.5 hrs/week)
- Mandatory shifts are currently running EVERY week, and will be scheduled for Saturday and sometimes Sunday.
- If hired onto the client: Extended Health care, Vision, Prescription Glasses, Dental, Group RRSP Program
- Onsite parking
- Plan, direct, and schedule the shipping, receiving and delivery of outgoing product and incoming supplies in a safe and timely manner.
- Previous use of EDI software and data entry
- Possess forklift operating work experience (in-house license provided), required
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Customer Service driven
- Must be organized
- Receive all incoming shipments verifying accuracy
- Report and verify all received damaged goods
- Prepare and document all outgoing shipments in a timely manner check for accuracy of shipment and damaged goods
- Assist in cycle counting and daily physical inventories in coordination with management and support staff
- Process hourly/daily paperwork as required
- Monitor all EDI and manual shipping requirements, perform input and corrections as required
- Communicate all shipping requirements, potential misses, short shipments to the organization and customers as required
- Track and report shipping performance
- Liaison for all customer communication included in the shipping and receiving functions
- Coordinate with carriers for pick-up and deliveries including tracking of premium freight
- Coordinate shipping needs with other shifts
- Reconcile packing slips to purchase orders to releases
- Disburse incoming and outgoing supplies
- Assist in processing returns
- Monitor and participate in activities to support continuous improvement
- Housekeeping - contribute to the effort to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Familiar with and adhere to:
- ISO/TS Quality Standards
- Government regulatory requirements for loading dock, material handling and transportation of dangerous goods
- Health and Safety Standards
- Use or wear the personal perfective equipment (PPE), protective devices or clothing that the Client requires to be used or worn such as steel toes CSA safety shoes, safety glasses and dress code
- Participate in activities to support environmental efforts
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality ISO/TS
- Commitment to continuous training as required by supplier, customers and employer
- Know and understand the Quality Policy.
- Know the effect on the customer of quality requirements, actual or potential, of the work activities in their department.
- Ensure that all tasks, procedures, reporting, and / or monitoring requirements associated with significant quality requirements in their department are being met.
- Know the Emergency Response Plan
- Other assigned duties
- Completion of high school education, required
A resume is required to apply to jobs. Login to your Account or Sign Up to start applying.