Our client; an industry leader in the manufacture and distribution of non-motorized water sport equipment is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their growing team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive invoices from vendors; process payments by matching purchasing, receiving and invoice documents. Ensure legitimacy of vendor invoices
- Maintain accurate A/P aging reports, daily, weekly, or as needed
- Forecast weekly payment requirements and recurring costs; prepare weekly payment run (electronic checks, ACH, wires, and manual checks)
- Assign correct distribution to expense accounts for all purchases
- Identify improvements to the company’s Procure-to-Pay processes to improve efficiency
- Process employee expense reports and reconcile with receipts and supporting documents; reconcile approved credit card receipts to statements
- Responsible for annual 1099 filings
- Set up approved new vendors in ERP system and obtain all relevant tax documents (Canadian and US)
- 5 years of progressive experience with high volume accounts payable processing environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Proficient in Sage 100 and Beanworks AP Automation
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency.