Our Automation and Assembly client is looking to fill several positions for Certified Electricians 442A AND Electrician Apprentices!
This will be a contract Full time position to start immediatelyREQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Licensed/certified Industrial Electrician 442A
- Apprentices must be currently enrolled or have completed education in a recognized college/university or trades school for Electrician
- Ability to take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done
- Ability to seek out information via databases to find out whether or not a problem with a specific piece of equipment has been experienced elsewhere in the facility
- Self-motivated team player that possess effective continuous learning, attention to detail, communication, analytical and organizational skills; English read, write, speak
- Able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Punctual, Responsible, Dependable, no absenteeism
- Physically able to stand for long periods, perform repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds, overhead reaching, bending, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling
- Wage is going to be dependent on experience/skill
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements
- Maintain department 5S requirements
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards
- Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Troubleshoot and determine resolutions when encountering malfunctions in equipment
- Interact with production crews to co-ordinate repairs to their equipment and discuss work orders with supervisors
- Talk to operators about equipment and machinery breakdowns using technical language with several operators, drawing detailed information from each and providing complex instructions to avoid similar breakdowns
- Other duties as assigned
Currently enrolled in or have completed education in a recognized college/university or trades school for Industrial Electrician
Day Shifts 7am-3pm
Modern Staffing offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.
MODERN Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.