Modern Staffing is currently recruiting a Maintenance /Electronic Repair Technician
Location: Whitby (not bus accessible)
Shift: Afternoon 2:45-10:45
- Two years community college in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certificate in Industrial Electronic Repair if performing any in depth electronic repairs considered and asset
- Certification as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic a definite asset.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience performing machine maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with QS9000 requirements especially as it relates to machine maintenance activities.
- Must have a strong mechanical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabrication equipment.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Knowledge of Fanuc Robots, air operated diaphragm pumps and fluid transfer equipment considered an asset.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must have excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance is carried out in a timely manner as per schedules. Any PM activity which results in longer downtime than originally scheduled must be reported to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance performed is documented on the PM worksheets or on PM check sheets.
- Worksheets are to be handed in after all applicable PM work is complete, check sheets are handed in daily when completed.
- Ensure that all machine breakdowns are given prompt attention and troubleshooted for the cause of the breakdown. All repairs are to be performed and properly documented.
- Perform minor electrical repairs to machinery and/or building requirements.
- Ensure that any safety issues arising due to machine maintenance are immediately attended to.
- Ensure that employee Preventive Maintenance activities are taking place and documented on PM check sheets, inform Supervisor of any situations where this is being neglected.