Job Holder represented through
Job Holder represents
Maintenance Technicians, Technical Manager
1. Position Summary
The Tool and Die Maker position is responsible for the maintenance, repair and/or replacing of all tools. Supporting Production and Prototype Departments as required.
2. Essential Functions
- Performing PM (preventative maintenance) on all tools and dies.
- Maintain accurate logs of all maintenance performed incl. SAP - PM
- Repair and or replace tools/ dies as needed
- Welding (laser welding) and hand finishing of die steels
- Spotting of molds/ mold parts
- Trouble shooting on 3/D steel dies/ molds
3. Additional Responsibilities
- Perform general maintenance as needed.
- Provide support to machine maintenance if needed (interface machine/tooling)
- Assist Machine Operators in autonomous maintenance.
- Assume any other activities and responsibilities as required.
4. Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional travel when necessary.
- Some work in prototype shop and on plant floor when necessary.
- Work Environment: Must be able to work in harsh environment: i.e. extreme heat & cold, dust and noise.
5. Advanced training
- Additional classes as needed to maintain or improve job related function.
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Experience with 3-D dies
- Experience with automated press systems
- Knowledge of hydraulic presses and automated coil feed line