Welder / Fitter
We are looking for a Welder/Fitter to work as part of a team in a facility in Windsor, Ontario.
As experience is gained this position’s duties will evolve to include service trips to customer sites for set-up, repairing and maintaining company machinery.
- Recent graduate of a Community College or University
- CWB Certification ideal
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a challenging and changing environment
- Good understanding of welding and mechanical systems
- Enjoy working in a team
- Able to work under pressure and be flexible
- Readiness for travel activity
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Foreign language skills are an advantage
The successful candidate will be trained to be proficient at the following Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting job specifications, blueprints, engineering or design drawings and schematics.
- Performing work based on drawings, sketches, codes and company procedures.
- Maintaining and using hand and power tools.
- Maintaining, setting up and operating arc and oxyacetylene welding equipment to join, clamp, cut, fit, tack, weld and braze metal components and parts.
- Writing quality/technical reports and maintaining repair records.
- As Welder/Fitter, you will be paid on an hourly basis, and paid via direct deposit weekly.
- There will be a probation period of 3 months (90 days).
- Vacation pay for hourly employees is accrued at a rate of 4%
- Overtime is required, and will be paid 1.5 times the hourly rate if the work week exceeds 40 hours.
- After the first 12 months you will be enrolled in the company pension plan for which you receive a 2% company match on the contributions that you make.
- The company has a voluntary RRSP fund that would be open for you to contribute to at your own discretion after an initial 3 month period.
- You will be enrolled in the benefits package for hourly employees. This includes health, dental, vision, etc., coverage.