Responsible for the operation of automated press lines and existing robot and automated PLC process equipment.
- Comply with all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
- Participate and complete all Health and Safety training or any other training mandated by the Company.
- Operating the robotic press line, attaching end of arm tooling and components, troubleshooting and testing safety circuits and lockouts before startup
- Occasional programming, testing and debugging of robot programs may be required
- Maintain automated and robotic manufacturing methods and processes
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment
- Be proactive in process and quality improvement automation and robotic projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Assist the maintenance and manufacturing teams in maintenance programs and record keeping as required.
- Other duties assigned by the management team.
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results
- Ability to meet quota and standards
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
- Ability to work , midnights)all shifts (days, afternoons
- Diploma or Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution an asset. Programs of study would include: Robotics Technician / Electronics Engineering / Technician Industrial Automation and Industrial Controls
- Knowledge of robots & robot controls.
- Proven ability to do adjustments to robot pick up and drop off points
- Knowledge dies, presses and press controls (start up, shut down, inching, safety devices) an asset.
- Must able to install and maintain robot end of arm tooling and suction pickup cups and or grippers
- Ability to assure all die protection sensors are enabled and maintained Knowledge of part quality and spec