The submission of your resume has secured you the interview for that job you want. You have outlined on paper the skills and aptitude they are looking for. Now they want to assess the real you.
Preparing for the Interview
- Preparation for the successful job interview is very important and there are a number of things you need to consider to ensure you are prepared and relaxed.
- Get directions to the interview.
- Know who you will interview with and their titles.
- Know the dress code of the company. If you don't know, remember you can't overdress.
- Review the job description and how key points on it relate to your experiences.
- Research the company.
- Be confident but not arrogant. Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.
- First impressions are made in the first 30 seconds and can take a lifetime to change. So make sure that your first impression is a good one.
During the Interview
- Remember to smile. Make your eyes shine with excitement and look each interviewer in the eye during introductions, and the interview itself. If there are multiple interviewers, look at them all, not just the person asking the question.
- Allow the interviewer to get out their question before trying to answer.
- Keep your answers to the point, don't lose their attention and be aware of their time.
- Don't name drop
- Don't talk negatively about prior employers or co-workers.
And always Remember, RELAX and enjoy the process.
LEAVE A COMMENT